A sudden blocked shower could be a nightmare. The water does not want to come down as it usually does. Then you might think that a bunch of hairs, zillions of dead skin cells, soap scum, and debris are stuck in your shower drain. If you are dealing with a Blocked Shower Walthamstow, here are some easy little tips to help you out with this unexpected problem. You can use some tools at your home, even some kitchen items. This guide is normally helpful for unclogging the shower drain. One important thing to note – you don’t have to use nasty chemicals which can cause damage to the environment.
1. Using a screwdriver and plastic cable tie (tie-wrap, zip tie)
– Remove the drain cover with the screwdriver.
– For hygiene, use rubber gloves. You never know what kind of things you may pull out.
– Get any initial gunk out.
– Use scissors to cut notches in the plastic cable tie or zip tie, then insert that tie into the drain and flick your wrist to catch the hair.
– Pull it out, get all the stuck things out and repeat the process until you come back with a clean zip tie.
2. Using baking soda and vinegar
– Pour baking soda first down the shower drain.
– Then pour down the boiling water with a half cup of the vinegar and speedily cover the drain with anything to let the mixture produce a reaction.
– Once it has stopped fizzing, you can pour around ¼ cup of vinegar then rapidly cover the drain once more.
– Wait for 10 to 15 minutes.
– Slowly pour boiling water down the drain once again.
– You can repeat all the above steps more than once; give some seconds to each process. This will depend on the severity of the clog, whether its drain runs slowly or not at all.